You Are Not Alone
Participant in our NAMI Walk: Walk Participant Flier
LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS to help with our NAMI Walk
Details Here: VOLUNTEER MEETING
Register NOW for These Upcoming FREE Programs!!
NAMI Smarts for Advocacy is a hands-on advocacy training program that helps people living with mental illness, friends and family transform their passion and lived experience into skillful grassroots advocacy. REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS: 3-11-17 SMART
NAMI Homefront is a free, 6-session educational program for families, caregivers and friends of military service members and vets with mental health conditions.
Based on the nationally recognized NAMI Family-to-Family program, NAMI Homefront is designed to address the unique needs of family, caregivers and friends of those who have served or are currently serving our country. The program is taught by trained family members of service members/veterans living with mental health conditions.
What You’ll Gain
Recovery is a journey and there is hope for all people affected by mental illness. This in-person group experience provides the opportunity for mutual support and shared positive impact. You will experience compassion and reinforcement from people who relate to your experiences. Through your participation, you have the opportunity to help others grow.
NAMI Homefront teaches you how to:
- Manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Learn to care for yourself, including managing your stress
- Develop the confidence and stamina to support your family member with compassion
- Identify and access federal, state and local services
- Stay informed on the latest research and information on mental health, including posttraumatic stress disorder and substance abuse
- Understand current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- Navigate the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on the entire family
What People are Saying
“You realize that he will never be the same having been through war. I learned how to treat him more as an adult than as a hurt child.”— Mother of a Veteran after graduating from a NAMI Family-to-Family class held at a VA clinic
“We are still friends with everyone that was in the class. There’s always and open ear and an open heart and a shoulder to cry on if you need it.” — Father of a Veteran after graduating from a NAMI Family-to-Family class held at a VA hospital
– See more at: http://www.nami.org/Find-Support/NAMI-Programs/NAMI-Homefront#sthash.WkLUPrIT.dpuf
Sign Up for a Class: Contact us today at 254-297-7107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NAMI Waco is dedicated to improving the quality of life, supporting recovery and providing awareness to eradicate the misconceptions of those affected by mental illness, including persons living with the mental health diagnosis, family members and friends of persons living with mental illness, and the providers who treat these mental health conditions.
In our envisioned future mental illness will no longer thwart a person’s fulfillment of his or her potential. With early pinpoint diagnoses, interventions and targeted medications and services there is no pervasive disability. Ultimately, we envision a day when prevention or a cure is found.